clone of a vipa 114-6BJ02 cpu

ibo

hii friends,

we do not have a source program of it. Siemens manager 5.5 can not upload its program fully because one db is big enough to stop uploading. But all other files can uploadable. Its SD slot is empty.
I wanna clone it for my spare cpu. Everything is running but its interrupt routine does not work anymore when i download my step5.5 uploaded files. There are some missing points which i could not catch.

Is there any way to clone/backup it? Maybe with an empty SD or with demo WinPLC7 V6 soft or another way?
thanks in advance

Last edited:
If the database is too large for Step7 maybe you will have to use Vipa's WinPLC.

It can be bought online & downloaded, but must be installed online to activate the license. I bought it last winter and it was about $500, if my memory is right. Maybe $600.

there is another point creates some ?? at my brain that:
this vipa cpu should be defined at simatic manager as 315-2af03-0ab0 with firmware 2.0. I could not find it at simatic manager. Most updated library has V1.2 only.

I upload all files from master plc anc check differences between online and offline version, it was indicated. Can it be a reason why DI interrupt (OB40) do not works at the clone plc?

plc program is read/write protected but i know the password. does it make some sense?
I do not play/modify the running cpu. I need to modify its program but at the clone one for safety. Because the machine should work anyhow even without modification.

i found a program which is suitable to backup/restore of plc which is: Buddy-for-S7-3-1-9. I will try it. Can you advise similar tools?

hii friends.

I use demo version of Buddy-for-s7-3-1-9. exe to clone my plc. It works well.

after several tries, checks my clone plc working well but my notebook locked.
I had checked it with windows essensials before to install, but it crash my pc.
BE CAREFULLY

…., but it crash my pc.
BE CAREFULLY

I learned the hard way, with QQ Messager, to install and try everything on a VM-Ware installation. Then if there is any problem I simply copy back the original installation I copied to my secondary drive.

Also, I recently had a problem trying to get Parker Motion Architect for their old CompuMotor servo controllers installed on my XP laptop with a serial port, then I tried it on an XP VM and it works there, and uses the USB-serial adapter from PLC-Cables, since that Win10 laptop doesn't have one.

VM-Player is a free download for personal use.

It is important to be honest, pc crash reason can be different rather than cloning program Buddy. Owner of the crashed pc explained me that it passes suddenly to blue screen once a week before the installation of Buddy program.
Therefore Boddy program is a clean program, and thanks who wrote it.