Comms settings on PanelView Plus 600 with DH+ module

larrybray

I have a PV+ 600 2711P-T6C8A with a DH+ module 2711P-RN8 for communications with an SLC 5/04. I want to connect them to a sitewide network (DH+ to Ethernet via ControlLogix gateway). Before I connect them to the network, I'm trying to establish comms between the SLC and PV+ using the node numbers that will be assigned on the network. I modified the DH+ node number of both and the DH+ no. of the SLC in the PV+ terminal settings and got comms. However, on a power cycle the PV+ address reverts to its original number and comms are lost. I haven’t worked with a PV+ before and I thought the terminal was the place to set the address. If it’s required to set the address in the application file, where is this done?

Thanks.

Hi,

Open the aplication ( RSwiew32 or Factory talk, i don't know the firmware you have ) and check the configuration of rslink enterprise, on device DH+, click right, properties, check the node number, put the number you want and click Ok ( very important to save change)and then create the .mer and download to panelview.

Another way is you change manually the number node on the panelview, after you go startup options and disable remplace configuration of rslink enterprise on cycle power

luck

thanks for that,
i finally got back to the machine today and eventually found where to change the startup options.
for anyone interested, it's under Terminal Settings, Statup Options. the action of the PV+ on startup can be set here. however, i could only modify settings after i had loaded an application from the application list. when an application was loaded the "Run Options" button was available and the "Replace RSLinx Enterprise Communications" could be disabled under this.

A couple of questions though, if the .mer is downloaded to this terminal in the future, does it overwrite the settings on the terminal? will i have to update the .apa to ensure the settings i want are not overwritten?

Yes, overwritten when you download, when you select the aplication to load, you must change manually the number node.

If you aplication automatically reload when the power is cut off or press boton reset, the best way is you change the .apa , so when the aplication reload you don't change anything

I'm sorry for late answer