Communicating Data from Siemens S7 to a PC

warzok

Good morning,

I am trying to find the best and most cost efficient way to send data from a siemens s7-300 to a pc through a serial port card. the customer wants to collect the data from 5 LVDTs on every cycle. what would be my best options to do this. I am new at programming,and new to this site. I would appreciate any helpful information.
Thank you

Why a serial port ?
It may be possible, but I think that it would be the wrong solution for what you ultimately want to achieve.
Serial ports are slow, the S7 PLC needs expensive add-on cards to have a serial port, and even on PCs serial ports are beginning to disappear.

Try to explain in detail what you want to achieve.