Communication Problems Between 317 PLC And IPC 577c Using WinCC Flex

hein123

Hi

I am having problems with coms from the PLC to a IPC 577 c device with Win CC Flex 2008 as my SCADA program.

I can download to the device but no indicators come on.
When I set up the WinCC project from my laptop everything works fine.

When I setup the IPC 577c in Netpro I used a onboard CP 1616 device, is this correct or is this an add-on card?
Is there anything else I must setup on the IPC Device for coms?
Please advice

I think your onboard CP1616 is correct.

Post screenshots from the connection setup in WinCC Flexible, and from the HW Configuration in Simatic Manager.

Is the "Station Configurator" program running on the IPC577C ?
If so, post a screenshot from this program.

I am just stuggeling to upload these pics, but currently I have no Station Configurator running on the IPC, is this necessary?

I don't have the S7RTM ticked also in the NetPro.

Does this mean I habe to get Simantic.NET?

But this is one thing I do not understand, why is everything running fine on my laptop but not on the HMI?

S7Connection.JPG WinnCC-Connection.jpg

I currently have no Station Configurator running on the IPC, is this necessary?

I don't have the S7RTM ticked also in the NetPro.

Does this mean I habe to get Simantic.NET?

But this is one thing I do not understand, why is everything running fine on my laptop but not on the HMI?

Also when using the CP 1616 onboard module I see taht it uses 3 connections, however the IPC does only have 2 TCP/IP plugs, that is why I am asking is the CP 1616 the correct card

WinnCC-Connection.jpg HW-Connection.JPG S7Connection.JPG

You WinCC Flex application uses S7ONLINE. That is why it runs on your laptop.
Simply remove the onboard CP1616 from the configuration, and set the S7ONLINE access point on the IPC577C in the same way as you do on your laptop (via the Set PG/PC Interface utility).

It is also posssible to setup the configuration as a "PC Station"/S7RTM/Softbus. But unless you need other goodies (OPC Server, Routing, whatnot...) then there is no direct reason to do so.

I have sorted the problem, I feel so stupid as at the end my WinCC app was sacriviced as a accidently deleted it :)

What I did was to keep my config as is and on the IPC went to Set PG/PC Config and I used the wrong TCP/IP port

All way how to learn is to stuggle