Communication with CoDeSys using shared memory

ankur_gajjar

Dear all,

I am a newbie to CoDeSys and I need to establish communication between CoDeSys and non-CoDeSys platform. I came to know that to establish a communication between CoDeSys and non-CoDeSys platform, one can use OPC or shared memory. Now, considering the cost-issues of OPC, I would like to use shared memory to establish the communication. Keeping in mind that non-CoDeSys platform supports shared memory using external C functions, how can I establish successful communication between them?

Any lead on the issue will be appreciated.

Thank you.

What is your exact hardware?
How are you communicating to each of these devices? Ethernet / Serial
We need a little more information.

Regards,

Hello Garry!

I am using CoDeSys on PC and that PC will work as a PLC. On the same PC, I am using OpenModelica software which is able to communicate with other softwares (in our case, CoDeSys) with shared memory. So, I need to establish the communication between these two softwares (CoDeSys and OpenModelica) using shared memory where the PC itself will act as a PLC. Please let me know if any other further details are needed.

Looking forward to your answer.

Thank you.