CompactLogix red flashing OK LED

I attempted to connect using my USB and it will see the processor, but won't communicate with it. I posted earlier about that. Once we pull it, I'll play with it on my bench.

I attempted to connect using my USB and it will see the processor, but won't communicate with it. I posted earlier about that. Once we pull it, I'll play with it on my bench.

Let us know what you find because if you can see it you should be able to upload the program, if you right click on it using RSLinx what happens? can you see the properties?

Our engineer is playing with it, I'll pull it after he's done and try again. I'm guessing if he can't get it working, I won't, but then he's kinda goofy! :)

Our engineer is playing with it, I'll pull it after he's done and try again. I'm guessing if he can't get it working, I won't, but then he's kinda goofy! :)

Typical... walk over to him and tell him "here, hold my cape and let me give it a try"

Let us know what you find because if you can see it you should be able to upload the program, if you right click on it using RSLinx what happens? can you see the properties?
I have the PLC on my bench, USB connected, RSLinx up and running, The USB shows in communication / Who active, but I can't see anything beyond it. Right clicking in RS Linx does open, but trying anything gives an error for not communicating.

Now... it has a steady green OK LED, & RUN LED, with a green flashing NS LED. Power cycle and I'm back to flashing red OK LED, and still have the flashing green NS LED. Flip from REM to PROG and all the way to RUN, and it switched Green flashing OK, Green solid RUN, and Flashing NS LED.

Last edited:
Typical... walk over to him and tell him "here, hold my cape and let me give it a try"
I had done that a while ago. He was called to work on a machine, connected the laptop and went online. He then scrolled thru the program so fast, there's no way he was able to find anything. He gave up as my boss and his boss were calling out to California to get a tech on a morning flight. "We don't car what it costs, just have him here in the AM, we are down!" The engineer gave up and said "There is nothing we can do". I asked to give it a try, traced back the error to bad programming, if it ever faulted out, there was no way to reset it. I flipped a bit, it started right up. He asked what I did, I told him flipped a bit. He said I was very brave! Apparently he had worked at Ford and had been working on a $1.5 million prototype vehicle, flipped a few bits and had the robot toss the car and destroy it. Now he's working here...:(

I had done that a while ago. He was called to work on a machine, connected the laptop and went online. He then scrolled thru the program so fast, there's no way he was able to find anything. He gave up as my boss and his boss were calling out to California to get a tech on a morning flight. "We don't car what it costs, just have him here in the AM, we are down!" The engineer gave up and said "There is nothing we can do". I asked to give it a try, traced back the error to bad programming, if it ever faulted out, there was no way to reset it. I flipped a bit, it started right up. He asked what I did, I told him flipped a bit. He said I was very brave! Apparently he had worked at Ford and had been working on a $1.5 million prototype vehicle, flipped a few bits and had the robot toss the car and destroy it. Now he's working here...:(
The bad experience has traumatized him so much that he cannot work as a programmer any more. That, or he was incompetent to begin with.

I ran into a similar issue to this with a 1769-L33ER one time. Wasn't able to communicate even though it showed in rslinx. I was able to controlFlash the firmware, then reload the program on that one.