CompactLogix vs Contrologix and Ethernet I/P

Yes, I tried the same thing in 2 other controllogix and you are right, it was a piece of cake and they work fine, only the compactlogix has I tried first has this problem.

It's merely an interesting problem at this point since the final use is on a controllogix and that works. But Rockwell themselves said it should work on the smaller platform regardless of revision. But it doesn't on this one, and as luck would have it thats the first one I tried to do this on.

Now I need a primer on the various "assemblies" and what they contain and which one to use. :)

What model CompactLogix? Login to the web interface and look at the number of connections. Older models had a total limit of 32 CIP connections. I've had issues where can't go online with processor due to maxed out number of CIP connections.

I have several 1769-l32e setup controlled over ethernet with no problem. The issue I have had was that it didn't like some ip addresses. It wasn't reading the drive at all. After I switched the address it worked fine. All are version 19, expect 1 and it is a l30er version 20. Is it show ok in your i/o tree

This one is version 17, maybe there is something to that revision that rockwell support is not aware of. I'll flash it and post back if that works.

Let me mention again that SquareD said I should sent the drive back to the factory for reflashing of its firmware. 🤥