compare multiple float points...

escoplcguy

Hey guys,

I wanted to see if there was a better way to compare 10 points (or more) using a limit instruction.

I have 10 points of data that get generated and they all need to fall within a bandwith. for example the bandwith or limitations are lets say 1 to 30. i will capture 10 readings and store them to a floating data file. then i want to check all the points agains my bandwith to make sure they all fall within the tolerance. right now i set up 10 different LIM instructions branching them all down to trigger the accept output. just wanted to see if there was a differnt way or better way of doing this?

looking around i guess what may be useful is a FSC instruction which would tell me i didnt give enough info......

i am programing a micrologix 1100 using rslogix 500. a fsc instruction is not supported.

For ten data points the brute force method used already is the simplest to understand, and not particularly hungry of processor resources.

A benefit of the brute force method is you can easily indicate which parameter is out of spec. Using FSC with a compound expression will only tell you that one or more (unspecified) parameters didn't make the FSC expression true.