compatibility of CPU313C

msl

Hello,

I need to make communication with a CPU313C and CP342-5 via profibus. I can't test this and now I need te now if this CPU can connect with a SEW controller MDX61B. I could test the connection with a CPU314 and this one couldnt connect with the SEW controller. I think this CPU couldnt handle it now is my question where can i find if the CPU313C can handle this?

because with the 314 i could use the GSD file in HW configuration but when i loaded my fc voor sew i fell in SF. I tested it with another CPU and there it worked

Hello,

I have used a 313C with 342-5 on Profibus before. It was setup as slave towards another manufacturer as master. I used DP-Send and DP-Receive as handling blocks...

I know it is different then your setup as you use it as slave, however it did not have any problem transfering DBs up to 240 bytes in each direction....

Check module information when it goes into SF...

brg
Andreas

yeah i know where i should look but my fc doesn't load into the cpu. i get the message couldn't copy this block to CPU.
But my question is where can i find the compatibility of CPU 313C?

I have had that problem before.

In that case it was that the handling blocks that I was using for distributed IO were using system function that were not supported by the CPU because it was to old.
I think it was SFC 58 and 59 or something, can't really remember.

If you are trying to copy a function which is using SFSs not supported by the CPU, then you will get this message. How old is you CPU?
You will get the same message if you try to download to and old CPU that has keyswitch, and the keyswitch is not in either STOP or RUN-P....

You should download the datasheet to your CPU.

A

I think it is a pretty old CPU. The 313C is probably also a pretty old one that i dont now it is for a project for e company that i need to do this. So the chance is pretty great that this cpu also doesn't work? But is the cpu 318 also an old CPU?

The 318 is old. It's discontinued.
The 313C is new. Relatively new.
Depending what you're doing with the MDX61B, it'll take 1 to 14 words on Profibus. This is well within the capabilities of the 313C.

One usually makes the program for the PLC, one does not search for a PLC that can run his program.
Either the adressing is wrong, or you're trying to use commands specific for the 318/400's, or you're using SFC/SFB's which are not supported by your PLC, or your FC/FB number/timers/Merker numbers/etc are too high.
Without program and/or PLC number, there's quite little we can say except: It should work.