Conditional Pop-up in RSView

Dlaudy

Hello, I'm trying to create a popup in Factorytalk view ME edition when receiving a '1' from a tag in my PLC. I'd like the popup to be a separate display with the ability to go back to the last display. I've read that i could do this with a Macro, but i have no idea how to write a macro to do this! Thanks for your time!

I'm kinda new at this too, but i'll take a swing at it. ( blind leading the blind )

Assuming your tags individually mean only one thing, open information set up and information msgs, and start filling in.

When you have completed the setup and msg list, go to the display you want the messages to appear on and create the Information msg display

Objects>Advanced>Information>display. Create your display, go back to the list and pull down the "Acknowledge" and create a button with it.

When you're satisfied with the appearance, run the cursor line around the display and the button, go to arrange and group them.

Right click the display and choose animation>visibility. when the pallet opens up, click tags and add every tags that will be triggering all the information displays.

(At this point I am assuming the ack button will make the display disappear.)

Try it out with just one tag, and let me know please.

The issue im having is that i want it to pull up a seperate display on any screen that is active. I believe this method i would have to do it with every different screen that is in the Project.

I believe just the info display and "ack" button. Yes

A simple copy and past of the info display/button grouping on each screen and it would retain the visibility and connections.

Course I don't know if we are talking about 5 screens or 500.

I'm still pretty new at FTV.

That's the best I have right now. I'll do more digging and see if I can find a global type screen for your application

If you only want to display some type of information for the operator. ( Text Message ) then the Information Message Display will work. It will open as an on top display no matter what display is open. Under the Information folder in the Explorer window click on Information Setup then use the help button on that page for explanation of how it works at runtime and setup procedure. The [INFORMATION] is the default display but you can make your own just use the on top display option. The Connection Tag is a analog tag that you use to pick your message number. The Acknowledge Tag will write to the PLC to notify it when the Information Acknowledge Button has been pressed. You will find it under Objects>Advanced>Information. This button does not have a connection Tag on the button property page. It is identified on the setup page as I mentioned earlier.

Hint: when using FTV the help buttons on the property or setup pages will take you directly to the area of the help files needed.

If you need to popup an interactive display then you might consider using the Global Connections>Display tab. This will allow the PLC to open a display that is needed for your situation. Again, use the help button on the Global Connections>Display Tab for a full explanation.

And Welcome to the Forum.

Last edited:
Thank you for all your help!! The only one i found that could do this is the "ALARM" screen, which i dont want to use. I can't believe that there isnt a way to just make a whole display active when a tag goes high. Anyways, thanks again!!

Nice.

That I hadn't learned yet.

Thank you cwal16.

Yes Sir..............the help button is my friend!!!

I read it...........and re-read it............sometimes it doesn't make sense yet.

Tomorrow it will