"Configuration Edits not accepted by PLC..."

wlemst88

Hey,

I'm having a strange error on a PLC 5/40B Series D Rev B. I am trying to set the channel 0 configuration from "system (Point-to-Point)" to "System (Master)" When I do this, and hit apply/ok, it pops up an error box which says "Configuration Edits not accepted by PLC..." and that's it. Anyone know why?

I checked to make sure that my firmware supports this function, and according to AB doc# G19099 I do have support.

Any ideas?

Wes Lemstra

Are you trying to make the changes to channel 0 online?

If so, how are you going online with the processor? Serial? Data Highway +?

I don't have very much experience with channel 0, but I would try the following:

Have you tried to make the changes offline and download the program to the processor, or is this not an option.

I am connected over DH+, and yes it is online. I suppose I could try making an offline change, and then downloading. I'll have to wait for when the machine is down, but that's a good idea!

Anyone else seen this before?

Wes

In my experience, you must have the processor in program mode to make config changes on channel 0.

From what I remember about PLC5's I believe you have to be in the programming or offline mode to change channel configurations. Once it's changed you need to download it to the processor

Dave

Well, I changed it offline, and downloaded it, but that didn't work either. I have AB tech support stumped too. They are supposed to get back to me sometime today.

They had me save the program as a .pc5 file, that didn't work either.

Wierd. I hate getting problems no-one has seen before.