Configure comfort panel to show com fault

spaderkung

Simple question, quick google didn't help.

Is there a configuration for comfort panels to show when there is no contact to the PLC? Alternatively that the ethernet is disconnected. It's quite funny to look at the alarm list and try to acknowledge without this...
System event 14000 perhaps. Will try that. Unless the alarm list is flooded by all the other system events.

Thanks

Last edited:
Simple question, quick google didn't help.

Is there a configuration for comfort panels to show when there is no contact to the PLC? Alternatively that the ethernet is disconnected. It's quite funny to look at the alarm list and try to acknowledge without this...

Thanks

There are system alarms for connection and disconnection. You can display them in the alarm list, although I don't think they are by default. The downside is that they are only active for a fixed amount of time (by default, 2s).

I always make sure there is an Alarm Buffer somewhere that shows the system alarms (and probably all the rest as well), so that you can see the history of alarms without needing to log it.

There's also some kind of shenanigans you can do with area pointer, but I think that lets the PLC know if the HMI is active, not the other way around.

There is a giant list of system alarms in the alarms area. If you find the connect and disconnect alarms, you can use their events to create a tag that is set when the PLC is connected and reset when it disconnects.

Alternately, you can do heartbeats and monitor it in a script in the HMI, but that's no fun.

In every remote site I configure I include a test. I send the system clock value from the host to the remote and vice versa and I compare them on both sides. Not only is that a heartbeat test, you have an indication of when the failure took place and therefore when that data you are seeing was last updated.