Configure MSG block for Control Logix to Control Logix

You can lead a Programmer to the MSG block, but you can't make them read.

Jeff, you gotta tell us WHAT isn't working. Tell us what you have.....be specific. What error are you getting? Be specific!

Include screen shots if need be.

As an alternative, have you considered adding the remote analog card to (as well as your local and remote ENET cards) your CLX I/O configuration? Set up a Listen-Only connection and you can read the inputs from the card directly rather than messaging from one PLC to another.

OG

You don't want a MSG, you want produced/consumed.
The help file & AB manual & a search on this site will get you there.

I did a produced/consumed but I want to read all 16 points on the IF16.

I used the CIP - BTR and set my Data Type as a 1756-IF16 and the number of elements to 16 and I got an error, I tried different number of elements but still didn't work.

Jeff D said:
I did a produced/consumed but I want to read all 16 points on the IF16.

I used the CIP - BTR and set my Data Type as a 1756-IF16 and the number of elements to 16 and I got an error, I tried different number of elements but still didn't work.

Set up a UDT with 16 reals, each uniquely named.
Now CPS the Analog Input into each one of those reals.
Now Produce/Consume that UDT.

Another option would be to place the analog card in your IO tree and configure it as Listen Only.