Configure SST-PFB-CLX scanner as slave when communicating with Simatic TI 545

fwilliams83

I need to set up some messaging between an old Simatic TI 545 PLC (part number is 545-1104) and a ControlLogix L55. I have an SST-PFB-CLX module for my control logix rack which I have upgraded to the latest firmware (6.07).
From what I can tell from my research, the TI can only be configured as a master; therefore, I need to configure my SST scanner as a slave (this will be a standalone Profibus network).
I have imported the SST .gsd file into COM Profibus and downloaded the network configuration binary file to the TI (I'm using 505 SoftShop v3.1) and set up my addresses (4 words in, 4 words out), and this seems to be fine.
I hit a wall when trying to configure the SST scanner - as I understand it, I need to use the SST configuration software even though there is the facility to set various parameters from within the CLX program. The .gsd file for the TI actually has the extension .2mh (the actual file is SI0022AX.2MH and is described as DP Master 505-CP5434-DP) which isn't recognised by the SST configuration software.
I have tried setting various parameters within the control logix program without much success. I have listed these below.

- Used the 1756-MODULE with Input set to assembly instance 1 and size 250, Output set to 2 and size 248, Configuration set to 3 and size 24, Status input set to 5 and size 250, and Status Output set to 6.
- Set Local:x:C.Data[16] to 3 (Slave functionality enabled, and set to slave only)
- Set Local:x:C.Data[17] and Local:x:C.Data[18] both to 4 (4 words receive and transmit data respectively)
- Set Local:x:C.Data[21] to 2 (the address I have set the SST-PFB-CLX slave node to be in the COM Profibus config file; the TI 545 was set to 1)
- Set Local:x:C.Data[22] to 6 (baud rate of 1.5M)
- Set Local:x:C.Data[23] to 0 (no repeater on the network).

I am using the sample code provided with the SST package (SSTFBCLX_Preview_2_Example) which puts the scanner into online mode and runs the profibus, and am definitely getting a network status of E1 (online) in Local:x:I.Data[0].

Looking through the status bits, the higher nibble of Local:x:S.Data[2] is 2 (local station address, which is as I expect). The higher nibble of Local:x:S.Data[3] is 7 (DP Master Options and Configuration - I'm not sure if this is as it should be).
The lower nibble of Local:x:S.Data[22] indicates network errors which I can reset by issuing the reset command in Local:x:O.Data[0].
My biggest concern is looking at the active and configured slave station bit tables (Local:x:S.Data[27-34] and Local:x:S.Data[35-42] respectively). I would expect to see a flag in Local:x:S.Data[27].2 and Local:x:S.Data[35].2 to indicate the slave station 2 is configured and active, but these tables only contain zeroes, suggesting that the slave is not configured properly.

The status LED's on the front of the SST scanner show that the connection is open (COPN), the COMM LED is off (which I think is fine as the SST manual indicated that the COMM LED would be off if the scanner was in slave only mode), the SYS LED is red (suggesting faults), and the OK LED is green.

Is it actually possible to set up the SST scanner as a slave in this instance? I am thinking about using a DP-DP coupler if I can't get it working, but am fairly keen to avoid that (not for any particular reason I guess, beyond additional cost and personal pride).

Would appreciate any advice or pointers that anyone could give me - I've tried to include a reasonable amount of detail so that you know exactly what I've tried, and the results.

For anyone interested, the SST-PFB-CLX module was able to be configured as described through RSLogix5000 - the issue I was experiencing was due to a Profibus wiring problem.

Thank You

I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to say thank you. This helped me out today.

You would happen to have the manual?