Connect a cpu 315 dp to ethernet network

woven100

I have a stand alone machine with a cpu 315 dp and no cp. I want to intergrate it into a existing network ( already,contains cpu 414's, pc's, programmers).

What would be the correct CP?
343-1???

I want to run a network cable(RJ connector)from this machine to a nearby hub.

Any advise on intergrating this machine into the network? or suggestions? Any "need to know" pointers for configuration?

I already have several of the others addressed... would it be that much more difficult with a cpu 315?

woven100 said:
I have a stand alone machine with a cpu 315 dp and no cp. I want to intergrate it into a existing network ( already,contains cpu 414's, pc's, programmers).

What would be the correct CP?
343-1???

I want to run a network cable(RJ connector)from this machine to a nearby hub.

Any advise on intergrating this machine into the network? or suggestions? Any "need to know" pointers for configuration?

I already have several of the others addressed... would it be that much more difficult with a cpu 315?

If you wish to access PLC data via Ethernet then the CP343-1 should be ok. Just be aware though, since the CP343-1 connects to the S7-300 bus, it runs at S7-300 bus speed and not ethernet speeds. I found this out the hard way on a job site last year.

Ian

Hi

What is the network link going to be used for ? If its used for general communication to scada or non critical data transfer to the other PLC or connecting programming unit then should not be a big problem .

You can use a CP 343-1 Lean .
Few point to note : you only got 12 connections , check if your comms card on the other PLC(s) can set-up a TCP connection ( We try to use only FC5 and FC6 for comms ,profibus and ethernet and a few of our older cards can only do a UDP connection .UDP does not check that the info has arrived on the other side)

specs : 6GK7 343-1CX10-0XE0 S7 CP for Industrial Ethernet TCP/IP with SEND/RECEIVE and FETCH/WRITE interface, PROFINET IO device, 4-port switch, long data, SNMP, UDP, TCP, S7 communication (server), routing, module replacement without PG, 10/100 Mbps, initialization over LAN, IP multicast, IP configuration using DHCP/ FB, firmware V2.0

Bye

Eric