Connecting Laptop to MPI and DP

nezze

I have to buy a new cable so I can connect my new laptop to the PLC. Today I have a CP5512 and I'm looking for the same functionality via USB or ethernet.

I found the CP 5711 and one named 6ES7972-0CB20-0XA0

SIMATIC S7, PC ADAPTER USB F. CONNECTION OF S7-200/300/400 C7; WITH USB-CABLE (5M) CAN BE USED UNDER WIN 2000/XP

Can I use either of those to connect anywhere on the profibus dp net?

Isn't there any solution so I can use ethernet to profibus/mpi instead?

sorry for my bad english

regards patrik

Hej Patrik. Beklager resultatet af kampen forleden ;)

Yes, you can use both the CP5711, and the PC Adapter USB to connect to an MPI or DP network. The PC Adapter needs 24V in the connected port, so in practice it means it must be connected to a CPU, not a DP slave or HMI panel. The CP5711 does not have this limitation.

There are several 3rd party suppliers of ethernet-to-MPI/DP adapters. This is one of them:
http://www.deltalogic.de/content/view/39/63/lang,en/

Hej, då jag är halvdansk så föll sig förlusten inte så hård ;)

I noticed that on Siemens homepage it stands that the "PC Adapter USB" only is capable of DP speed up to 1,5 Mbit. I need support up to 12 Mbit. So the ACCON-NetLink-PRO or the CP 5711 is what I need.

Any pros or cons with those two?

So the ACCON-NetLink-PRO or the CP 5711 is what I need.
Any pros or cons with those two?
I would definitely go for ethernet over USB.
Anyway, the Deltalogic device and also the one from IBH are actually cheaper than the CP5711.