Connecting to PanelView through a router

DavidV

Hi All, I'm trying to download to a panelview through a cellular router. It works for the compactlogix using the ethernet devices driver in rslinx but I can't seem to find the panelview using rslinx enterprise. I've opened port 44818 forward the panelviews IP and enter the WAN IP in rslinx enterprise but nothing. Has anyone had any success with this. Thanks.

Try adding the PV manually. On occasion I've had to do that in the past and once I add it manually then the system "sees" it.

Provided ping works of course!

OG

I had to set the plc / hmi's gateway address to that of the router's local port. I can communicate now. Can't seem to ping anything through this router but that's another issue.

Thanks for the help!

Yes, to ping through a router you will need more than just a standard ping. You can try tcping by elifulkerson - basically, you would type tcping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 44818 (where the x's are your router's IP address - which sends a ping request to the router on port 44818. The router will forward the ping to the PLC (assuming you've set it up to port forward, which you obviously have) and the PLC will return it to the router which will return it to you.

Yes, to ping through a router you will need more than just a standard ping. You can try tcping by elifulkerson - basically, you would type tcping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 44818 (where the x's are your router's IP address - which sends a ping request to the router on port 44818. The router will forward the ping to the PLC (assuming you've set it up to port forward, which you obviously have) and the PLC will return it to the router which will return it to you.

Wow, thank you so much for the link to that useful utility. I have been looking for something like that for so long, and now I have finally found it :)