Connection of SLC5/05 to PV1000

ABDELAAL

Dear all,

Now,I've a PanelView 1000,and I want to connect it to SLC 5/05 through ETHERNET .After I finalized my tags and adjusted the connection in PLC and Panelview.I connected an Ethernet cable between them but no symptoms of connection , I'm able to log to plc through Ethernet and the same for panel view .when PLC to panel view no led lit in both sides. Here are images for my configuration in both slc and pv.

what type of ethernet cable is suitable is it direct or reverse?,

I only need to make connection between them.what am i missing here?

Thanks in advance
regards

Dear all,

Now,I've a PanelView 1000,and I want to connect it to SLC 5/05 through ETHERNET .After I finalized my tags and adjusted the connection in PLC and Panelview.I connected an Ethernet cable between them but no symptoms of connection , I'm able to log to plc through Ethernet and the same for panel view .when PLC to panel view no led lit in both sides. Here are images for my configuration in both slc and pv.

what type of ethernet cable is suitable is it direct or reverse?,

I only need to make connection between them.what am i missing here?

Thanks in advance
regards
Assuming you have the comms set up, use an ethernet switch and connect both the PV and PLC using crossover patch ables.
Then you'll be able to go online with either one without having to disconnect any of the devices.
In case you still need to connect the PV and PLC directly (not use a switch) use a straigh patch cable.

I think bkottaras got his statement crossed.

For a direct connection between the PV1000 and the SLC 5/05, use a cross-over cable.

If you use a switch or hub, then you can use straight through cables.

Paul

I think bkottaras got his statement crossed.

For a direct connection between the PV1000 and the SLC 5/05, use a cross-over cable.

If you use a switch or hub, then you can use straight through cables.

Paul
Sorry about the mixed cables.
Paul is right.

Dear bkottaras,
Thank you for your reply.

Regards

Dear Paul,

Thank you twice for this reply and the previous replies for my previous thread about uploading from Slc to the pc.

But have you checked the configurations whose images are attached? I mean am i right ?

are these steps enough ,iam n't missing something ?Just to be sure

Thanks and Regards