Control Logix and Profibus

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

We are start to a job soon which we will have to use a SST profibus
card.I have used this before and it worked out very well.
The difference is that job only had I/O and this time we have
to control a Berger Lahr servo drive.I was hoping that some one
has either set up this type of drive or a none AB drive over
profibus with a SST card and control logix.

I am just hoping that this is poissible and if not better to find
out now before we start the job

Thanks again to all at plcs.net

Donnchadh

Last edited:
Hello Donnchahd;

We connect to ABB, Siemens and Schneider drives over Profibus-DP using SST and Prosoft cards on a Controllogix platform. Once you take the time to understand the type of data transfer mechanism provided by each manufacturer, things are pretty smooth (remember you may need vendor help to setup parameters in the drive itself).
One note: if you need to transfer more tha 244 words of data between master and slave, I recommend that you look at the Prosoft MVI56-DPDMV1 Profibus-DP master; it allows for a much greater data exchange table in the master. If this is not critical, both cards work very well.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks for the reply.I will have all the parts next week to set
up on the test bench.At least now I think I will be able to set
it up.

Let you know how I got on.

Thanks

Donnchadh K