Control logix mvi56 prosoft profibus

I have a system that has been running for around 8 months with a Control Logix Processor and a Profibus Master made by Prosoft, MVI56.

There seems to be an intermittant problem whereby the MVI56 switches its mode from "operate" to "stop"ny helmode. This appears to be fundamentally random in its nature, although I have never witnessed it in person. The only way to get the card back into operate is to cycle the power to the PLC.

Has anyone any advice, or had similar issues with this platform with the Prosoft profibus master.

Any help gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Scott

Try resetting the Prosoft module programmatically using a MSG instruction. I had a similiar problem with a Prosoft ADM module.

if you read in the manual, there should be a way to do a software reset on the card. that would serve as a bandaid until you figure out the proble,. I would give prosoft a call. they seem to have top notch support from my experience with them.

Unfortunatley this was my first port of call and Prosoft, despite several efforts and suggestions cannot find anything wrong with the code or the configuration. I have sync'd CRC's and altered the standard RPI's all to no avail.

Last week however the client reported that the system had once again fallen over, they cycled the power to the MCC ICA section and the CPU would not go into run!!! Following several exasperated "engineering resets" the CPU for reasons known only to itself came back to life!

It's getting more desparate now for a solution but the more I think about it the more this points to hardware........any further suggestions?????

Cheers

Hello to you all. I notice this post has been inactive for a while, but I hope you guys still monitor it.

I'm also facing a similar problem here. I'm using an Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5563 with the MVI56-PDPMV1 Prosoft Profibus module. Every time I take one slave out of the network and then I hook it up back again, the module goes from "Operate Mode" into "Stop Mode" after a while. Most of the times it stays like this, but sometime it goes by itself back into "Operate Mode". I have also synchronize CRC's and I'm using the flex mode. Right now I'm trying to get support from Prosoft, but I would appreciate the help if you already found a solution to your problem.

I have read that this problem happens with all PLCs, and Siemens has a patch for it called OB86, OB85 which prevents the "Stop Mode" operation. I cannot find something similar for prosoft.

Had a similar problem when the Prosoft module was in a remote rack over CNET. Had to increase the RPI from 5 to 80. Prosoft were very helpful.

That's why I'm using the Flex mode. Later on, I'm going to use ControlNet to connect to a remote rack. I will try changing the RPI, which I haven't changed from 5ms. I hope this helps my problem.