Control Logix GSV question

James42005

Hi All, I just an issue with a 1756-enbt/a in a L61 remote rack. Was dropping comms randomly so i decided to replace the card as well as the cable. I want to monitor the status of this module since it is possible that the remote rack could lose communication and nobody realize it. However it could cause some major issue to our process if it does. I have used GSV's before to get PLC time and others things. My only question is how many elements of the destination DINT tag should I create?

Thanks,

One DINT.
GSV | Module | EntryStatus.
If it equals 16384 (0x4000, 0100 0000 0000 0000b), the module is running.

If it isn't running, you can get more information from:
GSV | Module | FaultInfo

Thanks, so it set it up as entry status. The value i return is 16896. With bit 9 and 14 being a 1 of my destination DINT. I believe i only want to see the bit 14 high. What is bit 9?