Control Logix Memory status

hasan_ali

Dear,
1) I would like to get the Control Logix used memory and unused memory status in my Intouch HMI. Which status tag I would have to use because I have seen GSV has no object or instance for this.
2) Moreover I am using GSV to get the controler device status (weather it is in run mode or program mode ). when I turn key switch to program mode it do not change the status in bits 4-7 which are specifically used for it.

Why would you want this information on the HMI? Is it of interest to the operators? What can they do with it? Or is it just because you can?

As far as the program switch, you are better off using a handshake to determine if the PLC is offline.

The only mean is for the maintenance team to detect and get alarmed if certain situation occur like somebody put processor in program mode. It was the option written in GSV Instruction help that is why I tried to fetch that information from it. The effort is to as much as flexibilty we can introduce. The purpose is to give the maintenance team idea from the HMI and it will not be viewed by operators.

If you are using RSLinx Enterprise, you can get all of the above and more. If you are using RSLinx Classic, you can get a good deal of information, I don't remember what topics are supported.

Memory status seems kind of silly, it doesn't dynamically change, but here are some predefined items in Linx Enterprise (and maybe Linx):
Memory --
Free: @FreeMem
Free DT: @FreeMemDT
Free GM: @FreeMemGM
Free IO: @FreeMemIO
Total: @TotalMem
Total DT: @TotalMemDT
Total GM: @TotalMemGM
Total IO: @TotalMemIO

The processor mode status is:
@Mode

Some others are: