Control Logix Memory

Guys help please.

I want to clear memory for a Contrologix controller. I tried to do it by removing the Battery inside but it didnt work that way. Can you guys please tell me is there any way that I can clear the memory from RSLogix5000 software?

Dont know if this will work but i cant see why not..create a new program.configure the processor and then download to it.. You didnt download anything so the memory should be blank??

Removing the battery should work but you need to leave it for an hour or so so ensure that the memory's clear (depending on the exact model of CPU you'd better remove any CompactFlash cards too :) ).

Darrenj's suggestion will clear your application from the CPU but will replace it with another one (which I agree is as good as blanking it).

The easiest way to blank a CPU is to downgrade/upgrade it's firmware; this results in an empty CPU which will appear with to name in an RSWho screen.

You did not specify what processor you have.

Removing battery with power off will work with all processors except L61, L62, L63 series B.

To clear memory for these processors you must remove battery BEFORE turning power off.

If you have no battery already with ser B processor, just cycle power on the processor twice without battery.

Another way is just download a blank program.