ControlFlash Plus

tjntjntjn

Hello,

I'm having issue with Control Flash Plus. Last time I used it was two weeks ago and it worked just fine. Today, I cannot pick any firmware from folder on a computer (trying to update new 1769-L18ER). All I can pick is from download center and I'm being asked to login (even if I pick firmware that I used before). Nothing would be really wrong but when I hit login, website opens and after a few seconds I get this message "AM Token claim failed".

I know my login/account works because I can access it via website.

Any ideas what that message means and how to fix it?

Thanks

I installed Studio 5000 v33 which also updated Control Flash Plus to newer version. I guess that did the trick because I was able to update firmware on the controller.
However, now (after firmware update) the IO on the controller is not responding. You know when you power up the controller all the leds' come on for a moment (including input/outputs). Now the ones for IO don't. I know they did that before update, so what would happen during the update. Let me add that the update was finished successfully.

I installed Studio 5000 v33 which also updated Control Flash Plus to newer version. I guess that did the trick because I was able to update firmware on the controller.
However, now (after firmware update) the IO on the controller is not responding. You know when you power up the controller all the leds' come on for a moment (including input/outputs). Now the ones for IO don't. I know they did that before update, so what would happen during the update. Let me add that the update was finished successfully.

I wouldn't put any importance on that I/O flicker. So, you have your application program installed and does the i/o work?

I wouldn't put any importance on that I/O flicker. So, you have your application program installed and does the i/o work?

No, it does not work. I have sensors hooked up to inputs and none of the come high. I know it worked before firmware update. I could see inputs LED being ON.

Yes I do.
This is 4th machine that is supposed run on the same program. Program was written four months ago and all three machines have been running for past four months. No changes have been made to the program, IO and anything else.

At this point I would check that the commons (OVdc) and power (+24vdc) are properly connected to the I/O power points on the PLC and expansion modules. Its sounding more like a common is missing somewhere.

I found that there is a minor fault (Pointbus Backplane buss off). I checked the manual and all three suggestions don't work/apply. I'm not using any 1734 point modules. Just input and outputs on the controller.

Called Rockwell tech support and guess what? Can't get support on CompactLogix without active tech connect contract. What kind of BS is that? They products are so expensive. I work for Company that has 26 Plants just in US. All of them use Rockwell. Just in my plant we have over 50 controllers, lots of HMIs', Kinetix drives, servo motors, unable to count how many I/O modules, etc. Product worth at least a few hundred of thousand of dollars and yet, to get a little support you have to pay extra.

I know that at least some of these CompactLogix actually have Point IO as the hardware basis for the on-board IO.

Does your project have any expansion IO configured (accidentally)? I found a tech note (access level: TechConnect, unfortunately) that says that the on board IO will not work if the configured expansion IO isn't present. If you aren't using any expansion IO, right-click on the processor, select properties, and look at the "Expansion I/O" field on the General tab. Make sure its setting matches what's physically present.

Edit:
There are other tech notes that talk about the on board IO not working, but they call out different error codes. What's your actual numeric code? They all say to upgrade the firmware.

I understood the question.
No extra expansion IO configured and/or added to the controller. Updated the firmware to ver. 35. Updating the firmware wipes out the program and even without the program in the controller IO is not responding. I know for a fact that all LEDs' flash (come on and off) when you power up controller whether or not you have anything connected to inputs and/or outputs.
The real question is: What would happened to the controller when updating the firmware? I know if it is not fully completed it will make the controller unusable but the update was completed successfully.

The OP said he had everything correct in post #7 responding to post #6. Or he didn't understand the question.

You're right, of course. I was just summarizing the least irrelevant tech note I could find. RA's KB quality has...dropped. The articles I found were all TechConnect only and none were super well written or provided any deep insights.