ControlFLASH does not "see" available firmware revisions

paulB

Today I was trying to install firmware update to new out of the box CompactLogix processor. CompactFLASH dialog box did not show any revisions available:
empty diaglog box.png

Checking folder with firmware kits and relevant revisions are here:
firmware folder.png

I was trying to use coworker laptop with the same result.

Does anybody know what is going o.

PaulB.

When I checked PCDC, version 36 is only available for that model.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240223_055047_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240223_055047_Chrome.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 8
What does it mean? Cannot install firmware below version 36, correct? Please provide link. When searching in knowledgebase could not find anything.

PaulB

Just search for your model and see what firmware is available. When I did it, only v36 was shown and the image I attached showed the available range which was v36 only. I didn't spend alot of time on it...sitting on a plane passing time on my phone. But I would suggest you do the same, download the firmware that's available, install the dmk files and try again.

I would make sure the firmware is actually installed on your PC. Yeah, I see the files there, but are they actually installed? When you launch ControlFlash, select View Inventory and after a couple minutes you can scroll through the list of firmware available on your computer.

OG

** EDIT ** I don't know why Robertmee can't see older firmware. I see all sorts of older versions available to download. My PC has multiple versions installed going based to v20.

Last edited:
I would make sure the firmware is actually installed on your PC. Yeah, I see the files there, but are they actually installed? When you launch ControlFlash, select View Inventory and after a couple minutes you can scroll through the list of firmware available on your computer.

OG

** EDIT ** I don't know why Robertmee can't see older firmware. I see all sorts of older versions available to download. My PC has multiple versions installed going based to v20.

I saw them too, but the firmware boxes were all grayed out when I selected multiples. Only v36 was given as an option. I thought it strange, but doing it from my phone may be an issue. That's why I encourage OP to try himself.

I see all sorts of older versions available to download. My PC has multiple versions installed going based to v20.
I see the same as OG.
You need to expand to see more versions (click the + on the left of controller model number) the picture already shows the - for expanded.
1769-L2-FW1.PNG
1769-L2-FW2.PNG

I got the same the second time....very weird. I would still suggest to the OP to download the version they want and install the dmk files again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240223_072502_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240223_072502_Chrome.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 3
Update.
Problem is solved. PLC processor in question is series B. Firmware that resides in PC is version 32.011. I guess not good for series B processor. Had to download version 32.015 and it appeared on ControlFLASH dialog box.
Rockwell tech support helped me with this.