Controlling a bottle flow with s7200

G
Hi!

I need some tips to make a program to control a labelling machine for bottles, with 3 labelliing units I will use a S7 222 PLC.
Description of it:
A flow of bottles is entering in the machine and a foto sensor (I0.0)is registering every single bottle. An other sensor (I0.1) is generating a clock signal sicronized with the "conveyor" and the displacement system of the bottles. I think this can work like this (or not).When a bottle arrive on I0.0 a counter (C1) is incremented and an other counter (C2) is counting the pulses in I0.1.When PV of C2=SP1 the labelling unit places the fist label(Q0.0). When the PV of C2=SP2 the labelling unit places the second label (Q0.1), and the same for de 3rd label (Q0.2).C1 is decremented after n bottles have passed.When an error of the labelling machine is detected in I0.2, I0.3 and I0.4 corresponding to label units 1,2 and 3 the system must memorize the posicion to put that bottle out of the line in an system on the extit of the macine wtih a neumatic cilinder (Q0.3).Here I think I can use a FIFO intruction. The speed of the bottles can be adjusted until 4000/h (more then 1/sec.).
Well this is the idea, I hope you can send me good tips to do it.

Thanks

A. Durval

I don't know Siemens, but I think a simple bit shift would be more than enough for this application. You're only looking for bottle/no bottle, which can be expressed as 1 or 0.

Your bottle sensor (I0.0) would be your data (1 = bottle, 0 = no bottle), and your clock (I0.1) would perform the shift. The labelers would look for a "1" at their location in the shift register, and apply a label.

Shift Register 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 1
-----------------------------------------------
Conveyor ---> | B | | B | B | | B | | | B | B | B | --->
^ ^ ^ ^
I0.1 LABEL1 LABEL2 LABEL3

After 1 clock pulse:

Shift Register 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1
Conveyor ---> | | B | | B | B | | B | | | B | B | --->
^ ^ ^ ^