ControlLogix 5000 EtherNet/IP Mystery

I have about 25 ENBT cards in my network and every one will show "link lost" if I unplug the cable. It might be a good idea to have an outout programmed to turn on or off a light inside the panel when you have a devicenet problem.I have done this in the past so anyone could track the problem. It doesn't make much sense to put it on the HMI as the screen will not work when there is a problem. Not sure if it would work but you could plug into the ENBT card with a static IP set and type in the ip address that is scrolling across the ENBT card into Internet explorer. This will get you in to look at the card. You might be able to see if there is a connection problem there. No RSLinx or Logix required to do that.

Kevin

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for giving me time.

I'm posting my problem with new observations in another thread. I'd be grateful if you can give me any insight into the problem. Best regards.

Yeasir Rahul

NB: Now I'm completely convinced that the EtherNet/IP card was not responsible for the issue I have. The other two machines, where we do not get "Link Lost" status are ENET cards, not ENTB, and they do not have any status display at all. The system works even without the Ethernet cards.

I understand you don't have RS5000 for yourself but if yu have the program some of us maybe able to open it and look for some possible causes