ControlLogix L61 + Redundancy + ENBT + Drive

huvalderrama

Hi, I have been trying to connect ControlLogix with a Parker Drive (SSD 590+) using a LINKNet Card; the PLC is a L61 in Redundancy over ControlNet, in the IO Rack (3rd) is an ENBT/A card that should be used to communicate with the HMI and the Workstation, but now a Drive is added and the Parker Drive has documentation on how to used as an IO in the Ethernet Module, which work perfectly, but no in the redundancy with ControlNet, so I tried to communicate with the Drive using explicit message, but no success, I guess (not an expert) the comunication a an IO is UDP and the explicit messages are TCP.
Do you may have any recomendation I captured the Packets using Wireshark and check the communication with the PC Software of the Drive.
but not sure that I can generate UPD Message using the ENBT/A

Old ControlLogix Redundancy system with ENBT don't support EtherNet/IP I/O

You will need ConrtolLogix Ver 19 or higher with 1756-EN2T modules.

If Drive does not support native EtherNet/IP CIP protocol, then you will need to use Logix Sockets, again available in EN2T only

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Unfortunately there are several reasons that application will not work.

The architecture you are describing, with a ControlNet link between the CPU and the 1756-ENBT, does not support cyclic IO connections. It might appear to do so for a short period of time, and older versions of RSLogix 5000 will not warn you that you created an unsupported I/O configuration.

If you upgraded the ControlLogix Redundancy system to support 1756-EN2T modules (not 1756-ENBT) in the actual chassis with the Redundant CPUs, then you should be able to make connections to devices that support EtherNet/IP cyclic I/O connections, like the Parker LINKNet module.

Some AC drives support control via explicit messaging; you can do that with an A-B drive using what's called the "PCCC Object", as long as you send it messages more frequently than its timeout setting. But I can't tell you if the LINKNet module requries a true cyclic I/O connection or if it has an object that will control the drive via messaging.