ControlNet card

Jim G.

Just changed out a ControlNet card part number 1756-CN2/B. Everything is running except the display scrolls the following:

Keeper:unconfigured (net address changed)

I set the node address to the card removed.
Is there something else that needs to be done?

Thanks

from Rcokwell:

Question
Why is my 1756-CN2 displaying "Unconfigured keeper" across it's LED display?

Answer
By default, the 1756-CN2/R will display this message as soon as it is given a valid node address and is connected to a valid network.

If you do not launch RSNetworx for ControlNet and schedule the network, the module will scroll this across its LED display continuosly.

To fix this, simply launch RSNetworx for ControlNet and schedule the network. This will update the keeper object in the module and eliminate the message.

Just changed out a ControlNet card part number 1756-CN2/B. Everything is running except the display scrolls the following:

Keeper:unconfigured (net address changed)

I set the node address to the card removed.
Is there something else that needs to be done?

Thanks

If you happen to replace the lowest address in the network, which is the active keeper, I have seen this happen.

If you have no way to run RSNetworx ... this will work ... or rather, it worked for us once ...

Use the next higher address on the network. Let's call it 3. Pull it and change it to your lowest network address. Let's say it is 2. Put the new card in at 3. Controlnet will take a few minutes to update the 'new' address 3 with the configuration. After the card does not show this any more, you can move them again, or leave them as is. Your choice.

We have done this once. It messes up our documentation on the serial numbers and their locations and the versions. Next time you do run RSNetworx you will need to accept that there are differences and upload from the network to match.

If this does not match your scenario, please ignore. I could have exploited an 'un-documented feature' ... this scenario is from 2005 ;) All firmware that anyone is running now should be many versions higher than what I was running.