Controlnet communication failure

Rockwell Stuff

We are in the process of converting our old PLC5 DH+/remote I/O systems to ControlLogix with DeviceNet (drives) and ControlNet (I/O). The primary reason we are doing this is to convert our manual procedures into S88 modular type structures. In addition, RSLogix offers great programming tools such as function blocks and structured text.

The PLC5 system have been very stable with a rare occurrence of a card failure. What really concerns me is that we are going to install new technology and unknowingly experience a situation as was described here.

Can anyone offer some advice as to the best methods of ensuring we do not experience unforeseen pitfalls? Perhaps checking the knowledgebase, posting in this forum, or avoiding certain modules, software, etc.

Thanks for all of your help

New Post

I will do that. After reading this thread, I realized that the same situation could have occurred at my plant. You do not look very competent when you sell the merits of a new system, get funding for the project, and it crashes after 71 days.