ControlNet COmmunications Path to L35CR CompactLogix

Guys,

I have an application that requires testing. I have a CompactLogix L35CR connected to a VersaView CE 1250H over DF1.

I have no Ethernet Module availabe so what i was hoping to achieve was to set a communications path to L35CR over ControlNet using an ControlLogix L61 rack with 1756-ENBT/A and 1756-CNB/D.

When I drill down to go online/download (via ethernet) to L35CR I get the yellow question mark icon and unrecognised device for the device type. Strangely it identifies it as a 1769-L35CR Control Net Port in Online Name column.

I am confident I have the correct EDS file because if I download directly over DF-1 it recognises the device. Rockwell have assured me a communications path like this is possible.

Can someone please advise? If not possible is there another option? Maybe through ethernet->HMI->DF1?

Thanks Guys

Integrated but modular.

It's still an EDS file issue, because the EDS files for the 1769-L35CR controller and it's ControlNet daughtercard are separate files. You see the "online name" because that's part of the Identity Object, even though th rest of the device's parameters are unknown to RSLinx because the EDS file is not registered.

This is easy to repair, just by registering the EDS files for all the parts of the CompactLogix.

On the www.ab.com/networks/eds website, use "1769-L35CR" and "Network Independent" as your search criteria and you will find all the EDS files you need. Install at least the boot firmware (1.0) and the firmware version you intend to use (probably 15 or 16) for both the controller and the ControlNet daughtercard.

I think I understand you. So i need a separate EDS? One for CompactLogix and one for on board ControlNet???

When I search for EDSs under your suggested search criteria all I get is the 5 different revisions of 1769-L35CR.

Thanking your for you help Ken

Trevor