Controlnet Help

Oceansoul

I need to extend a control net line. Not the main trunk line, but the smaller line to a HMI coming from the trunk line tap. Can i do this using standard BNC plugs and coaxial cable?? Its only tempory whilst a new HMI to fit the panel gap is sorted.

ControlNet "drops" can only be made using the "Y" or "T" taps sold for the purpose. You can only have 1 "Trunk" coaxial.

Those are the rules, but if it's only a temporary connection, you may well find that what you propose will work - although totally un-supported by RA.

Try it and see.....

It works....I made an extension to the drop line (didnt touch the trunk line) using a male BNC one end and female BNC the other, with the best quality co axial cable i could find (old CCTV stuff do'h). It works though.

Stupid VersaView 1700P failed and all we have is a 1500 spare. Some idiot hadnt added the 1700P to the support contract (although it has been now and rockwell are getting one out to use monday). 1500 doesnt fit in the panel hole the 1700 did.

I imagine it would work so long as the length was kept to have the less impedance that the specified maximum drop length of actual AB coax