Converting ps3 to slc500

bkbalan

hi, i balan here, i am amids of converting a program from ps3 to slc, however to start i have a manual on it but it is in dutch language and i am unable to understand it. is there any site where i can download the english version of it.

thank you
balan

hi, i balan here, i am amids of converting a program from ps3 to slc, however to start i have a manual for the ps3 but it is in dutch language and i am unable to understand it. is there any site where i can download the english version of it.

I dont know of any sites but someone else here may well do.

I used to have the full set of PS3 programming manuals by Klockner Moeller but since i moved office they seem to have dissapeared.

If you have got the PS3 program which should be in Statement List form then post it here.

I have converted quite a few so may be able to help.

Hi thanks, there are about 600 lines, it starts with
000 L I0.5
001 = M 3.4
002 L I0.4
003 = M3.5
i don't know how the memory in this plc is used and what M stands for. But L, I think is for load.There is another section;
034 TR O
TRO * 5 : I0.1
TRO I STP
TRO * I W:KW30
TRO * EQ : M0.0
035 L I0.3
I need to convert it to ladder logic. i just need to under stand part of it so that i can continue with the rest of it. hope you can guide me through.

regards
bkbalan

Last edited:
Im sure the first two networks convert to an input for the load and a storage bit for an output see attached file.

034 TR O
TRO * 5 : I0.1
TRO I STP
TRO * I W:KW30
TRO * EQ : M0.0
035 L I0.3

Im pretty sure this is a timer turning on with bit I0.1, outputing to M0.0, timing value will be stored in KW30........

I'll check later when im in the office and see what i can find.

thanks alot, do you have any example of conversion that you have done before, for my reference.

Last edited:
I have the name of a guy who does this sort of thing. I can send you his name if you like.

I thought there was a set of PS3 manuals at our office at one time but I haven't been able to find them.

ndzied1 said:
I have the name of a guy who does this sort of thing. I can send you his name if you like.

I thought there was a set of PS3 manuals at our office at one time but I haven't been able to find them.

If you have the manuals there are about 4 or 5 from memory, they have bright yellow covers and are about 4 to 5" square.

bkbalan said:
thanks alot, do you have any example of conversion that you have done before, for my reference.

i only have the new code which was for a micrologix 1000, i didnt keep the old PS3 copy as the unit was scrapped.

I'll try and find you some more info this week.

I downloaded the program in the PRG but as soon as i plug the PRG cable out from the PLC it dies. Is there any battery that i have to install in the PRG.

bkbalan

hi Norman Dziedzic Jr., thanks. Will be good if you mail me the name.Is he in this group?

Hi dave, any luck finding the files in your office.

regards
balan

bkbalan said:
I downloaded the program in the PRG but as soon as i plug the PRG cable out from the PLC it dies. Is there any battery that i have to install in the PRG.

bkbalan

The PRG has a pcb mounted battery on it (Varta 2.4V 100maH), this is on the display board, this will possibly be dead if the unit hasnt been used for a year or more. (Mine is)

But if you leave the prg plugged into the plc for about 48 hours it may revive the battery. The battery doesnt last long though.

You'd be better off using the NG-PRG3 Power lead plugged into the PRG to power it remotely without the PS3

Your in luck

I have found a PS4 programming manual

This is extremely similar to the PS3 and shows all the timers, counters and MW word addressing etc etc

I am just scanning it now, will post it up soon

This manual should help you out a lot

PS4 Programming manual very similar to the KM PS3 found here

Good Luck with your conversion

Last edited: