Correct cable for LM90 to 90-30

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a 90-30 job I am working on using Logicmaster 90 on customers pc. (Customer does not want to spend money on Machine Edition upgrade).

They cannot find their original RS232-SNP cable.

I have a new GE USB to SNP cable that I have not used yet.
Part number: IC690USB901
Is there a WinXP driver available for this cable so it is recognized on USB?
I also assume that Logicmaster 90 will work with this cable.

I have never been able to get LM90 to work with a USB device, I tell my customers if you are using LM90 you need a real serial port and a serial cable, we sell both the USB and serial

For the driver it will depend on the chip set in the cable, plug it in and check for a name in your device manager under device details, you should be able to find something then just google it and you will find some the manufacture and there drivers

Last edited:
It is not a legitimate GEIP or GE Fanuc part or ever sanctioned by them[/url]

True but it works good :D (with newer software)

NetNathan, You can try the drivers on my site... note that there are a LOT of cables made in China that have that part number (not sure where it came from) and will not work with even newer software, your best chance is to use the newer software or a serial cable, if its our cable it will work as we have sold over 1000 of them

See here near the bottom of the page http://www.plccable.com/comm-support-videos/

Last edited:
True but it works good :D (with newer software)

NetNathan, You can try the drivers on my site... note that there are a LOT of cables made in China that have that part number (not sure where it came from) and will not work with even newer software, your best chance is to use the newer software or a serial cable, if its our cable it will work as we have sold over 1000 of them

See here near the bottom of the page http://www.plccable.com/comm-support-videos/

I am afraid that the bold text does not Describe LogicMaster 90

The video is using Windows 7 32 bit and PME 6.50 again a long way from the DOS based LogicMaster 90 software.

But I am sure that it does a nice job in Windows. 🍻

Let us know if you get it to work... I think you would be the first

...and for the benefit of those future Controls People energetic enough to search for an answer instead of just ask again. :sleep: :cool: :sick: 🍻

Some days it feels like "Groundhogs Day" on these forums. ;)

Ah yes GEXPRO! The GE in GEXPRO no longer stands for General Electric, I think it stands for Great Expense now. That changed when they purchase GE Supply a long time ago, I used to work for GE supply until they got out of the Automation business in Michigan.

BTW, NetNathan I respect your knowledge and support on the Forum. In part that is why I was a bit befuddled that you didn't pick up on it right away. Thanks for the teaching moment of not making assumptions but in reading all of the fine print to be most efficient in this very complex field. 🍻

Last edited:
...and for the benefit of those future Controls People energetic enough to search for an answer instead of just ask again. :sleep: :cool: :sick: 🍻

Some days it feels like "Groundhogs Day" on these forums. ;)

Ah yes GEXPRO! The GE in GEXPRO no longer stands for General Electric, I think it stands for Great Expense now. That changed when they purchase GE Supply a long time ago, I used to work for GE supply until they got out of the Automation business in Michigan.

BTW, NetNathan I respect your knowledge and support on the Forum. In part that is why I was a bit befuddled that you didn't pick up on it right away. Thanks for the teaching moment of not making assumptions but in reading all of the fine print to be most efficient in this very complex field. 🍻

Thanks Russ...
As we all know, we do not "know it all" and when we think we do is when we REALLY prove we do not. I have been in the industrial controls field since 1972, and I am still learning...... every day. I guess just because "things change".....every day.

YES!
The cable also works with WinXP and LM90.
BUT...it has to be plugged into the comm port on the power supply. It would not work plugged into the 364CPU comm port??

YES!
The cable also works with WinXP and LM90.
BUT...it has to be plugged into the comm port on the power supply. It would not work plugged into the 364CPU comm port??

The serial port on an IC693CPU364 is an RS-232 RJ-11 port used only as a Station Manager for its Ethernet port.

I stand corrected..
I should have known that..I have programmed about 50+ 364CPU systems.

I was on logmein running LM90 on the customer's "maintenance laptop".
When I couldn't "connect" (after verifying com port settings in LM90 and Windows Device Manager), I asked maintenance if the cable was into the power supply port.

They told me they "moved it" to the power supply port.
I pressed "Alt-M" and went right to "Monitor Mode".....

I then reloaded the configuration and logic (that was lost when the customer removed the power supply to swap it into another main rack on a different 90-30)...