**** Cosy - moving to another account

johnd_125

I have a Cosy 131 on my free account and need to delete it and make it possible for someone else to add it to their account.

The issue is this device is in South America and I have my doubts there is anyone local who could add this device to another account using the activation key. I've always used the activation key, locally, but seems like the ability to change accounts remotely is something that should be possible. Perhaps with help from tech support at ****?

Can this device be added to another account without local access? If so, how?

Whenever I have needed to do something like this, I get someone with a laptop connected to the COSY or FLEXY, as well as the internet, and take control via teamviewer.

Typically during setup, I always link the account using the Talk 2 M credentials. I have already switched accounts remotely using that method. After sending the changes, I lost access in the original account but was then able to login from the new account.
Certainly comes with the risk of not re-connecting to the new account, and I'd recommend testing on a local unit first.

The other method you could consider is using the USB / SD setup method. Haven't done this personally, but I believe the owner of the new account could create the setup USB in eCatcher then ship that to the site. Someone locally then would need to finish the setup.

I have done this once.

I followed the instructions here.

From the link, copy the following text into a txt file called "remotewizard.txt". Replace the xxxxx with the activation key for the new Flexy entry in eCatcher.
Use FTP to place this file in the /usr/ directory.

:
:main
wizardname:t2mCnx
:
:com
T2mAccSrvAddr:******_pro
:
:wizard
T2mActivationKey:xxxxxxx
The text was censored, please see the attached screenshot for the correct second text field.
wj6W65N

The link mentions that this cannot be done anymore as the device must be deleted from the current account before being able to connect to a new one.
I uploaded this file, told the device to reboot. Immediately disconnected and deleted the device from the old account.
It took a few minutes to show up on the new account but it did work for me.

o_OIF YOU FOLLOW THIS AND IT DOESN'T WORK, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE DEVICE AGAIN.🔨
So attempt at your own risk.

censor.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. FWIW, I think they had someone local install ecatcher, connect to a local port and then they remoted in to that computer to add it to the new account.