Cpu 317-2dp

Annie

Hi
Could someday explain to me how to do the setting in the communication tab of the CPU properties option.
Did read the help but couldnt understand it.
We were using CPU-315-2DP before.
8 scanners are connected to third party pc which communicates to the PLC through OPC server from siemens using the CP343-1 card on the PLC side.
IF the PG is hooked to PLC and the scanners is switched on then the third party software cannot communicate with the PLC.
The OPC server has 2 CPU 315-2dp connected to it.
4 scanners on each PLC.
IS there any limitation on the no. of connection on the CPU.
There are 10 ET200M connected to the DP of the each CPU.
There are 2 Touchscreen of Hakko connected to the MPI port of each CPU.
There is also a CP343-1 on each CPU placed on the rack to communicate with the third party software.

2>A program written in CPU 315-2dp can be downloaded to CPU 317-2dp.Is there any difference in the instruction usage between the two.

Regards
Annie

Sounds like there are 4 scanners each communicating via the PC to their respective 315 PLC + one HMI. The ET200M stations do not count as connections.
Communication resources may well be the problem. Both in the PLC, the CP and Simatic Net. Exactly what modules and software are you using ? The older 315's had less connection resources than the newer ones.
You can go online with each CPU and view the used communication resources.
Do you get any error messages ?

As Jesper says, we really need to know exactly what hardware is concerned here.

However, if I remember correctly, the 317 can handle twice as many comms connections as the 315, it certainly won't be less!

As far as the commands are concerned, I'm pretty sure both CPUs are identical, so you should be able to use most of the program unchanged. I say most, because depending on which CPs you're using for communication, there may be some (probaly minor) changes necessary.