creating a cash register

brokenladder

I am trying to create a cash register. I have 9 buttons. This diagram shows how it is set up.

2 5 8
1 4 7
0 3 6

2= Whopper combo
1= Whopper Dbl Combo
0= Whopper Jr combo

3= Drink
4= Fries
5= Whopper

6= Total
7= New order
8= Cancel last

I am using RS Logix 500 and I need to be able to come up a total and and it needs to count the number of individual items sold along with the total for each quantity of items. I also need to make it so that when someone hits the [whopper, fries, and drink buttons] it will automatically enter it in as a whopper combo. If those buttons are pressed, the whopper combo quantity needs to increase and the three seperate items need to decrease after the total button is pushed.

Any help with ladder logic that would accomplish this would be great. Thanks.

Oh boy -- another homework problem...

What do you have so far? Have you done any flow charts? Write down exactly what you want it to do -- each button, each function, etc. Then start trying to figure out how to code it.

The hardest part of any automation project is to figure out WHAT you want it to do. After that's defined, it's fairly straightforward to figure out HOW to do it.

Your ladder logic will be a snap.

First, list your inputs.

Second,list your outputs.

Then, list all the functions that you want to perform.

Then, list the input, then the function, then the desired out put.

Convert each funtion in to the corret ladder logic symbol or block that you have associated with it.

Quick, simple, easy.

Then, attach put your ID tags to the functions, type it into your program, and you are done.

Post it here, wait for the flames, hand it in to the teacher, get a big paying job, pass go, collect $200 sign on bonus, and become a regular here!