Creating PWM Using Sinking Output on OB16IEF

joelryan22

The 1756-OB16IEF is a fast switching 12-24VDC output card. I'm doing a project where I need to control a stepper motor using 5V PWM signal.

I'm using a CL57T stepper controller. My plan is to apply +5V from a power supply to the Pulse+ and use the PWM sinking output to the Pulse- since the OB16IEF can't output 5V. Does anyone know if it's possible to use the PWM signal to sink a 5V signal to control the stepper motor or does the PWM function only work as a sourcing output?

I know controllogix is overkill for this project, but the point is to use industrial controls equipment so I'm sticking with it.

Thanks for any help!🍺

Similar Topics

The idea here is to provide for a brief rapid influx of message codes while preventing sequentially repeating the same message. i.e. if two...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, In a factory where we installed Citect 7.20 the computer began to show the first signs of end of life. They never considered...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a last year student at the university in Ghent, and for my thesis i need to write a TwinCAT program that writes data to a .daq...
Replies
Views
When I go to create a new module in Studio 5000 I can't enter any information for the IP Address or change any other fields. Is there any fix to...
Replies
Views
Hello I am kind of new to the Rockwell world, i've mainly worked with Siemens and Schneider untill now. I am to make a HMI application running...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom