CX-ConfiguratorFDT: Upload profibus network topology

HJTRBO

Hi all,
Is it possible with cx-configurator to upload the profibus network with the slave address mapping?
I tried but failed with a CJ1W CPU22 and PRM21 master module. I had to rebuild the entire network from scratch. Luckily the original integrator used the automatic address assignment and had the slaves inserted in sequential order otherwise i would have been screwed.
Surely this is not the case? I know with siemens when you upload the hardware config you get the slave address mapping.

Disclaimer: I dont know CX Configurator.

Do you mean to auto-detect what slaves are connected to a DP network without knowing beforehand which ones are there ? I believe that only a diagnostics repeater or similar Profibus analyser can do that.

Or do you mean to upload a configuration, incl setup of profibus slaves, that has previously been downloaded to the Profibus master (the PLC CPU) ? That is at least doable with Siemens S7. I am guessing that if you can do an upload of an Omron CPUs configuration, then the profibus setup will be included.

do you mean to upload a configuration, incl setup of profibus slaves, that has previously been downloaded to the Profibus master (the PLC CPU) ? That is at least doable with Siemens S7. I am guessing that if you can do an upload of an Omron CPUs configuration, then the profibus setup will be included.

Yes, that one.
I tried with cx-configurator to "upload" from the profibus master card shown in the netwrok tree but I was given the error message "upload not supported".
I have to also admit that Omron experience is very poor.

Have not played with CX-ConfiguratorFDT but there is an 'upload from device' tab and I would assume this would do the job.

There are some good people in Omron and I am sure one of them could help if you made a phone call. I find their tech support excellent, and free, if you get the right person.

Thanks BobB,
I have talked to Arif and Toby, however they wern't sure, so i thought i'd cover all the bases and post here.

See if you can get hold of Harry - 'the guru'. Or post at mrplc.com and hopefully Jay Anthony will pick it up.