Data to OPC through Serial to Ethernet converter

Hi,
I have a different SCADAs installed in a 5 PCs which has Serial port. I would like to get the data from all the SCADA to the OPC server which has been installed in another PC.
If I use a serial to Ethernet converter what are the things I have to look upon. Does this serial to ethernet converter helps in getting data. I need your help in this regard

Sebastian C

The serial to ethernet converter should come with a driver that gives you a virtual coms port usually com5. This will be like plugging a serial device into your computer. This is the case if the PC is connected to the ethernet and the ethernet connected to ethernet to serial converter then connected to serial device.

Similar Topics

Is it possible to gather OPC data through a 1783-NATR? Searching around, it sounds like OPC data might be blocked by any NAT... Is there any work...
Replies
Views
How to take data from siemens PLC to an HMI in Advantrol-Pro Real time monitoring software through OPC Communication..
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I'm using Factorytalk Linx Gateway V6.30 with Nov 2022 patch in order to publish tags from a network distributed FT system to...
Replies
Views
We use RSLinx to interface a program which takes specific data from our PLC5 and applies it to specific fields on our enterprise software. We do...
Replies
Views
I have a process that takes atmospheric monitoring information from a vendor manufactured OPC DA server by derived tags on my FT SE 10 server and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom