Factorytalk Linx Gateway OPC UA "BadWaitingForInitialData"

BMW512

Hello Everyone,

I'm using Factorytalk Linx Gateway V6.30 with Nov 2022 patch in order to publish tags from a network distributed FT system to OPC UA clients. I'm able to publish tags and create a connection between clients and server. Also, I'm reading the tags properly with different OPC UA Client software, but after a time of connection, the connection is still active, but the tags are not being read correctly, and it shows a message of "BadWaitingForInitialData".
There is no problem with the clients; I've tried multiple client software and they all show "BadWaitingForInitialData".

Hi

I tried to use Factorytalk Linx too in the past in a project, but similar behavior happens.
What makes FTLinx attractive was the price, 1K usd license vs 4-6k usd kepware or topserver.

I used DataBridge to connect tags, factorytalk console to create the servers-clients connections. It worked sometimes and some others fails like crazy, tags did not update.

Rockwell did not help with so I ended using TopServer with advancetags plugin.

Regards
Jesus