FactoryTalk Linx Gateway Not Finding New Tags

OttoBot

Hello all,

I have what has become a complex problem, with what I'm hoping is a simple answer. I am using FactoryTalk Linx Gateway set up as an OPC server. The client (in this case an HMI) polls the gateway using asynchronous comms to get the tag values.
I am able to read hundreds, if not thousands, of tags live from this server right now. However, I renamed a program in the PLC and then added some additional tag that were program scoped.
The old program name (Program:Old_ProgramName) and original program scoped tags within that program are visible and can be read and written to, but the new program name shows a folder with no tags under it (Program:New_ProgramName). The strange thing is, Old_ProgramName doesn't exist anymore, so I don't understand how LG is still serving those tags via the wrong program folder.
I have tried restarting the OPC clients, toggling the external access in the PLC program scoped tags to none and back to read/write, unscheduling and rescheduling the program in the PLC. Unfortunately, I've done every kind of restart I can think of except for restarting the Linx Gateway, which I can't do because we are running a live process, and toggling the mode of the PLC, which of course I can't do for the same reason.
On top of that, we are configured with redundant Linx Gateways, and the primary has lost its connection to the secondary, but that is a different issue that preceded this most recent one.
Anyone have any ideas about this one? Rockwell basically told me to restart the Linx Gateway service on the hosting server.

Solution

Ended up restarting RSLinxNG service on server. That solved it for us. We had a loss of comms on the HMI for about 1 minute during the restart. Then everything came back up.