DCS help

juzeko

I'm confused. Is a DCS (Distributed Control System) a multiple PLC setup in a distributed control configuration or DCS is a kind of controller architecture? and where belongs hybrid controller like hc900?

surferb, that's a pretty general article on DCS. I think the answer to the question is "yes". You can have a custom made DCS, or one made up of separate devices like PLCs. The definition is pretty loose. Understanding the terminology of juzeko's question would be helpful, as oftentimes, the answer is more vague.

I suppose - you could argue that DCS is either the former or the latter of his "is it this or that?" question. The original post strikes me as a homework question that hasn't been given much thought.

tomalbright said:
surferb, that's a pretty general article on DCS. I think the answer to the question is "yes". You can have a custom made DCS, or one made up of separate devices like PLCs. The definition is pretty loose. Understanding the terminology of juzeko's question would be helpful, as oftentimes, the answer is more vague.