Help with DCS instruction.

HoldenC

I have a DCS instruction, that is set up for an E-STOP. I have the restart type and cold start type both set as automatic. I can test the e-stop and it works as it should. However, after a power failure, the instruction wont reset. Channel A and B are showing as 1, but the CombinedINputStatus is still reporting as a 0.

I have jumper out the "01" bit from the DCS and then it resets.

I have attached a snippet of what I'm talking about. Can anyone help me understand why the CombinedInputStatus isnt changing state ?

DCS.png

CombinedInputStatus is a status bit of the safety input card that is an AND of the status of all inputs on the card. As such, it will be off if any of the inputs on the card are faulted, not just the two you have wired for this particular e-stop.

Most likely you have other things wired into the card that are errored until e-stops are cleared.