DDV Instruction

shoelesscraig

Ok, so I consider myself reasonably intelligent, but I need help with this one. I would like to better understand the Double Divide instruction in AB logic. I have read the instruction set manual, but it isn't quite clear. Does someone mind putting this is layman's terms? Maybe an example of when you would use it?

The DDV instruction should be used instead of the DIV instruction in many cases. A good example of where the DDV instruction should be used instead of the DIV instruction is when scaling and after a multiply or a multiply and add.

Try this
mulitply 2000 x 20
then divide by 100 using a DIV instruction.
the do the same using a DDV instruction.
Which one works?

you can also find a few specific examples in Part 2 of my "Scaling with y=mx+b" papers available from the Sample Lessons page of my website ...

the discussion you're looking for starts near the end of Page 28 (Adobe page 4 of 17) and Figures 14, 15, and 16 demonstrate some DDV programming examples ...

Cool thread! Today after reading about the DDV instruction here:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=55026

I opened Logix500 and read the instruction help for DDV. So this thread was very timely for me and probably others who had not heard of or used a DDV.

Ron your paper was great, thanks for the help. I'm still chuckling about this:
the instructor for that one was a trim little lady ... you could have sold tickets just to watch her erase the board ... I paid attention in statistics class ...