Delta HMI connection to Delta PLC...

Jerico

Hi!

I'm an intern and a newbie in the field of automation. I was given the assignment to learn and program a PLC and HMI together.

PLC: Delta DVP80ES200R (DVP ES2)
PLC Software: ISPSoft 3.17

HMI: Delta DOP-112WX (DOP-100 Series)
HMI Software: DOPSoft 4.00.16

The problem I have is that the HMI and PLC don't communicate properly. The HMI sends the data to the PLC but the PLC doesn't send its' data back to the HMI (ex: If I press the M0 button at HMI, Y0 lights up in the PLC but the Y0 indicator in HMI does not).

I've been following this connection of HMI to the PLC: https://deltronics.ru/images/manual/DOP-112-115+Quick+start+manual_EN.PDF. It's currently connected by RS-485 COM1 (HMI) to RS-485 COM2 (PLC).

If you have other questions, feel free to ask me.

Thank you in advance!

Hi!

I'm an intern and a newbie in the field of automation. I was given the assignment to learn and program a PLC and HMI together.

PLC: Delta DVP80ES200R (DVP ES2)
PLC Software: ISPSoft 3.17

HMI: Delta DOP-112WX (DOP-100 Series)
HMI Software: DOPSoft 4.00.16

The problem I have is that the HMI and PLC don't communicate properly. The HMI sends the data to the PLC but the PLC doesn't send its' data back to the HMI (ex: If I press the M0 button at HMI, Y0 lights up in the PLC but the Y0 indicator in HMI does not).

I've been following this connection of HMI to the PLC: https://deltronics.ru/images/manual/DOP-112-115+Quick+start+manual_EN.PDF. It's currently connected by RS-485 COM1 (HMI) to RS-485 COM2 (PLC).

If you have other questions, feel free to ask me.

Thank you in advance!
Hi,

Apparently, from what you have said above, if the output Y0 lights up when you press a button on the HMI, it seems that you have communication between the PLC and the HMI.

I would check the indicator object and namely the setting for the indicator lamp. Check the mapping and the type of indicator you chose.

Best Regards
Konstantin Kolev

As the previous post it is probably something to with the display object, if the communications was not working correctly I would think that you would get com errors poping up.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help. As Konstantin mentioned, the problem is in every object's read/write address. I knew it was a dumb problem. Thanks again!