Delta PLC HMI printing problems

We are trying to develop a quality control program using Delta PLC HMI DOP-B07S415. We want print simple text messages with time stamp. We planned to use a simple RS232C text printer to reduce cost and size.

We understand that the HMI provides connection on USB to specified list of printers. The supported printers are either Laser printers or dot matrix printers with graphical capabilities and are costly. The specific models are also not easily sourcable. The list of printers speaks of two Serial micro printers (capable of connection to USB or to RS232C), but we are unable to source the same. The details of the interface are hidden in already inbuilt drivers and the programming tool.

We want a simple interface similar in functionality to the traditional com port writing in DOS environment. I want to assemble a text message in memory and just transfer the same to the printer as a stream of ASCII characters.

Has any one tried to connect a text printer to this HMI? Is such a driver already available?

Is there a documented procedure to include a driver for a new printer? How easy is it?

An early solution will be a big relief.