Detection of Ethernet Connection Fail between PLC and HMI

DanC2188

Hi, Sorry if this is an existing thread this forum doesn't give me the ability to search prior to posting.

Does anybody know of a way in which i can detect a failure between a S7-300 PLC (code written in Simatic Manager) and a Siemens HMI? (code written in TIA Portal)

I have changed cabling and it seems to have changed the faulty issue, nice and simple! BUT I was asked if there was a way of detecting if an Ethernet cable loses connection to a PLC. I didn't know if there was a bit I can pull from the status or if someone knows of a script that can be written? I have little a very small amount of experience with scripts.

If anyone can help I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance!

There is a DeviceStates (FC802) Siemens block, but as far as I know it only works for ProfiNet or ProfiBus. I don't know of one for ethernet.