Determining a buttons up or down state in VBA

Hi
I don't use RS View.... but why not use Lancie1 method in the PLC to toggle on a bit, and use the bits tag state change event to run your script?

On Event Bit Value Changed

If bit=True then
Run Script x
Else
Run Script y
EndIf

A clumsy work around but would probably work

It would work (kind of, the is a pressed even but no on change event) but the problem is I need the tag from the button object. If I have to program the tag into the VB script, that would double to triple the programming time and double the upkeep now that the tag is in two places. We've all had fun trying to keep two identical documents the same. That doesn't work. So I'm sure a few months from now, the tag in the object will change and the programmer won't know they need to edit the VB as well and then all heck you break loose.