Devicenet/VFD/PLC Set-UP

While it may not be a benefit to your application, DeviceNet is a deterministic network.

Shawn

Oops, didn't realize I was responding to a year and a half old thread.

Last edited:
schuyler1706 - Welcome to the site
Could you please post as a new thread- this one is now 2 years old

While it may not be a benefit to your application, DeviceNet is a deterministic network.

Shawn

Oops, didn't realize I was responding to a year and a half old thread.

Hey Shawn
I think we will have to get out the whip on you.
🍻

Do you need microsecond response times or precise synchronization. If not, just stick with the old standyby...Modbus. DeviceNet is great but its not all that good...i.e. Why bother?

Do you need microsecond response times or precise synchronization. If not, just stick with the old standyby...Modbus. DeviceNet is great but its not all that good...i.e. Why bother?

Can you help us please - check the age of the post\

If you are a younger guy like me (28) you have a huge edge on the old farts who still need to learn how to use the mouse on the computer befor even trying to understand Rockwell Software. Sorry guys, no offense but the younger generation is simply more trainable on this new stuff.

Okay, while this is petty of me, I really couldn't resist.

First off, at my old company, a good portion of my time was spent in either training new engineers, or going out and doing the job for them.

While you might be one of the few ones that are naturally sharp and don't need a second education right out of college, there are ten more just out who do.

gOOD lUCK

Mouse usage not withstanding, we do know how to use a caps lock key. :)

Welcome to the industry, try not to get yourself killed.

Last edited:
Hi, Guys
In our plant we are using Devicenet with no problems at all, so far (more the 8 Years using it), we have problems only when some one replace the Vfd's with the wrong one.
But it only affects that machine nothing else.
Devicenet ROCKS.